About My drip painting

Today I went on my youtube channel and read the comments on my video named no- touch painting. It has 30,000 downloads and around 11,500 viewings. There were many critical comments  and questions on the video So I am writing this blog to clarify few things about my drip paintings or sometimes I call this technique "NO-Touch" painting. Well, here are my answers:
  1.  What about regarding the "originality" of your work?
This does not offend me as I believe everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I am credited with notion that I copy Pollack. However, to be fair, I never claimed to be original, I said and meant that it was a new approach. Now you be the judge below are the pictures--of my work and the work of the famous Pollack.



Pollock's work.

Artist Singh's work



 

                   VS









Jackson Pollacks paintings are abstract. I am claiming that I developed this technique  to another level where you can actually paint a picture or a portrait (see my first portrait of  "Gandhi "that I made many years ago using this approach and compare with Pollacks abstract drip painting, this will give you an idea what i am really talking about)

   2.  Many people said that your work was of Pollock's origins and therefore was a used method of painting. what do you have to say?

drip Painting by artist Singh
Yes I admit , I was inspired by Pollock to create drip painting, but there is a huge difference between how I paint a picture and how Pollock paints a picture. In the end, best way for me to describe this is by saying that  it would wrong to say that impressionists copied realists. This is one of my early works, portrait of  "Gandhi" painted in 2000. It took me good 12 year of practice and hard work  to be able to paint like this, simply by throwing paint.


         3.   what is  Art to you ?
Art means everything to me. I see art everywhere and in all circumtances I find myself in. I am not only into drip painting, I do all kinds of art. Specially the one that is challenging . I really like the revolutionary ideas.  I will go a head and try it even if it did not make good art (for some). Art has provided me with means for the spirit of freedom. And this freedom helps me find my identity as a person. I want to put enough effort into the projects I do to increase my own potential as an artist. I have put many hours simply challenging myself. It symbolizes the struggle that needs to exist for Art to progress at higher levels.
below is the worlds largest drip painting. Enjoy!
       

Worlds largest drip painting by Artist Singh
Exhibited at Artprize 2011
lcation: the BOB